Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cub Scout Camping School

Last Thursday I kissed my family goodbye and drove to Heritage Reservation, a scout camp near Farmington, PA which is around 3-3/4 hours away. I was going to Cub Scout National Camping School! And boy, school is right. Camping school was from 7 am to 10 pm Friday and Saturday and then from 7 am to 10:30 am Sunday. I learned all about being a Cub Scout Day Camp Director, which I am going to be this year. My head is still swimming from all of it! And I was very exhausted by the time it was done. I had NO idea that so much went into planning and preparing for day camp.

Just like regular Cub Scouts they put us into dens, there was a theme (Knights of the Round Table) and as a den we had to do several things together, such as performing a skit. Here are some pictures. I didn't take many so these are about it.

















This lake that is part of the scout reservation. It is right next to the building where we held all our meetings and ate all our meals. Some of the leaders in the camp really got into the theme our last night there. . .




















Some of the people in my den and their costumes for our skit:



























Graduation! Now I am a certified Cub Scout Day Camp Administrator for the next 5 years. . . (Not that I want to be a day camp administrator for the next five years!)

P.S. Don't ever choose to put your pictures on the side when putting them on your blog. They are a pain to work with! If I wasn't so lazy I'd delete them and then upload them again, only this time choosing to have them in the center like I usually do!

No comments: