It has been awhile since I have not only posted anything on here, but awhile since I've even LOOKED at anyone's blog. I realize it is summer and I should be less busy but that is not necessarily true. Since I last blogged I was working from morning until night working on our district
Cub Scout Day Camp. It took place on June 23-27. I averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night that whole week. In fact, I got one hour of sleep the night before the whole event! There were 215 boys who attended, a ton of leaders and all the many, many things that had to be done to make it a success.
The following Monday we had a family vacation. We had originally planned to drive to Utah and, boy, am I glad we didn't! There is NO way I would have been ready to leave so soon after day camp! So we had vacation in Ohio. We took the family to
Cedar Point and were there from the time it opened until it closed. It was a BLAST! All my family and friends who don't live around here--you HAVE to go to Cedar Point! It has more roller coasters than any other amusement park and it is FUN! (You can stay with us. . .)
I did not take my camera because I didn't really have any place to put it while riding the roller coasters. But I did take this picture with my cell phone:

The hats being worn by Melissa and Derek are ones from a ring tossing game.
The day after we went to Cedar Point I had some unfinished day camp business to take care of in the morning. That afternoon we headed to
Amish Country. When we were almost to our destination we saw this:

As you can tell the picture is taken from inside the car. We saw many more scenes like this while we were there. Because I thought it would be rude to stand there and take pictures of the Amish, I didn't take any more pictures than this. It was a beautiful and peaceful part of the country to visit. We saw Amish working in the field, went into an Amish hardware store that had no electricity so it was very dark and only a little gas light (and Alpine had a great conversation with the owner), saw lots of scenes like above and even saw a family in a covered wagon just like the pioneers used! We started out in Berlin and ate at Boyd & Wurthman's Restaurant, a local favorite. The next morning we went to the hardware store then to
Heini's Cheese Chalet and saw how they make cheese. Across the street was Kauffman's Country Bakery which was delicious. We then drove to Mt. Hope and ate at Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen. Obviously a favorite of the Amish because we saw many of them eating there including a big family that came in right before we did. I had the best pork chop of my life at that restaurant! And both restaurants served us homemade bread which was amazingly delicious.
The other days of the vacation we just lazed around. Watching movies, relaxing, catching up on sleep, etc. It was a very relaxing week.
Well, that's it for now. I will try to do a better job at finding something to say more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment