Friday, July 25, 2008

Melissa's birthday party

As the youngest, Melissa is definitely spoiled! The proof? She is the first child in the family to ever have a birthday party not put on by her mother! She asked to have a birthday party at the bowling alley and her dad told her yes. She had to wait to have it, though, because June was just too busy to get it done. But she finally had her party last Saturday, July 19.

It was a lot of fun. We had the party during their "Moonrock Bowling" session. That means the lights are turned off, music, music videos, black lights and flashing lights are turned on. Here is a short video that gives you an idea of what it is like:

But I honestly have to say that I'm not sure it was less work than a party at home. And it was definitely more expensive. So while it was a lot of fun, we may not do it again. At least while the kids are young. Maybe when they are older. . .

1 comment:

Micheline said...

I guess you have to figure out how much your time is worth in planning the party. I usually do my own parties - have had to resort to the other kind once or twice. I figure that I would rather be cheap and do it myself!