On Monday, June 2, Melissa was in the Holly Lane Talent Show and Stuart had 8th Grade Recognition/Graduation (whatever you want to call it). And both were at the same time! Luckily Alpine was able to get off work so we divided and conquered. He went to the talent show and I went to the graduation. Luckily we have 2 video cameras so caught both on tape. Neither have been transferred to the computer so sorry that I don't have Melissa's performance for you. But she did a GREAT job playing her violin (I saw the video). The funny thing is, she stopped taking violin lessons months ago but insisted she wanted to play it for the talent show and she had not forgotten anything! Hopefully she'll pick up the violin again in the fall.
Stuart's graduation I did catch on both video and camera. Here he is sitting amongst all the 8th graders:
During the ceremony they announce accomplishments of different students, like how they did in different academic and sports contests. Among that they also announced that one boy and one girl in the whole school was going to be awarded the Archie Griffin Sportsmanship Award for demonstrating outstanding traits of sportsmanship (sportsmanship, ethics and integrity). And Stuart received it! Another mother told me after the ceremony that in her opinion it was the highest award in the school because it isn't based on how well you did but on your character. We are very proud of him receiving this award. Here is the certificate he received:
Wednesday, June 4th, was Melissa's 7th birthday. Here she is with her requested Texas Sheet Cake:
On Thursday, June 5th, Derek had his 4th grade recognition assembly. As a 5th grader he goes to a different school. Here he is with his certificate:
3 comments:
Way to go, Stuart! He is the obvious choice for the award, in my opinion! And that TX sheet cake looks so good...I may have to request it for my birthday (the 14th) too!!! Aren't you so glad last week is over?!? Now on to the summer craziness....
Happy Birthday Melissa - and congrats to Stuart. Now that school is out - it means more chasing - as I can attest to! I have been in my car all morning taking kids here and there. Hopefully with Carson't nap time it will slow down!
Oh summer! I wish I was a kid again so I could spend my summer days just relaxing. Happy Birthday Melissa!
Post a Comment