I have been threatened with bodily harm if I did not update my blog (just kidding--actually a "I'm taking you off my favorites list if you don't update your blog!") so here it is. I got a wonderful new digital camera for my birthday, but do you think I take it anywhere with me? Of course not! So I really don't have any pictures to share. Well, I might find one or two, but I don't have any of the things I've been doing the past few weeks. So here are a few highlights of what has been going on in my life:
1) My mother came to visit! It has been 2 years since she has been here and she is here for 2-1/2 weeks. One week is remaining. And, no, I have not taken pictures of the activities we have done with her. I'm so bad!
2) We took my Mom to an Indians game on May 2nd. The Indians lost (both times I've taken my mom to a game they have lost. . .) but we saw C.C. Sabathia pitch and Grady Sizemore get a homerun! The game was rain delayed for 1 hr and 16 minutes and it was COLD and WINDY. Sorry Mom!
3) May 7th was Derek's birthday. He is a big 10 years old! When my kids reach the big milestone of 10 we take them to dinner to celebrate never being a single digit age again. They get to choose the place and only Mom and Dad (and Grandma) go with them. He chose El Rodeo, one of our favorite restaurants.
4) Melissa tried out for the Holly Lane Elementary talent show and she made it! She played her violin which was amazing because we stopped her lessons a few months ago (practices were a nightmare and she needed a break). So I was happy she picked it up again. The actual talent show is June 2. Same day and time as Stuart's 8th grade graduation. Oy!
5) May 9 was Grandparent Day at Holly Lane and the kids were so excited Grandma was here for it! The first time any of my kids have had a Grandparent at Grandparent Day. Since Mom is in a wheelchair (for easy mobility) someone needed to push her so I went also. We first went to Melissa's classroom, played bingo, was interviewed by Melissa (questions like "When you were in First Grade. . .did you have a TV? Microwave? Cell Phone? Ride a Bus?" things like that), then to Derek's classroom where they did some Reader's Theater's and played games and then we had lunch with Derek.
6) May 10 was Music a la Mode. That was after I got up at 7:00 to sign Melissa up for swim lessons, then hurry to dance studio to wait in line to buy recital tickets, then rush home for soccer games. We arrived at Music a la Mode at 2:15 and Mom and I stayed until 9:30. Alpine and some of the kids came in and out as needed. The music was EXCELLENT. We have a great music program in our school district. Stuart sang with the 8th grade choir and Burneson Brigade and played baritone with the 8th grade band. Erica sang with the Women's Chorus and the combined choirs and played viola in the orchestra.
7) May 11 was Mother's Day and I got to talk to my missionary sons! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! PLUS my Mother was here! So it was a great Mother's Day. I got some nice things from my hubby and kids.
8) This is the last one because I have to go. For Mother's Day my siblings and I gave my mom a shopping spree. So I have to leave in 15 minutes to take her shopping. So the last one is that in our downtime my Mom and I have been watching the Highlander TV series. I have all six seasons on DVD and have watched them all but my Mom wanted to see them. We are now in Season Two. It has been fun. I love me some Adrian Paul!
That's it for now. I will blog more later. Gotta go!
4 comments:
FINALLY! You can retain your spot on my favorites. Sounds like you have been busy and it is hard to blog with visitors, so I understand. Thanks for the update!
You are one busy lady! You certainly have got it all together.
Lisa!
Sounds like you are doing great. You have a beautiful family. I found your blog from Bruce and Kathy's. My blog is www.grafseven.blogspot.com. I don't update very often either.
Sydna Graf
You sound busy! Happy birthday Derek!
Post a Comment