Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stuart aka "The Glass Child"

Stuart has received a nickname from one of his friends as 'The Glass Child" because he is ALWAYS getting hurt. It comes from living life to the fullest, I guess. But when he was little not a year went by that we didn't have to take him to the emergency room for something. The past 2 years especially have been crazy. Let's see if I can remember all his injuries during that time--split both his shins open requiring 17 stitches; broke his ribs; broke a finger; sprained an ankle; and the latest one was today.

What was he doing today, you ask? Well, after PE he was heading into the locker room. One of his friends tried to jump and touch the ceiling and couldn't do it. So Stuart decided to show his friend that HE could touch the ceiling. Next to a closed door that opened as he was on his downward descent. Here are the results, both before and after 4 stitches: (pictures taken with a cell phone so not best quality)




Oh the joy of having boys! Especially active ones like Stuart!

P.S. Stuart wanted me to add that his face doesn't really look like the top picture. The picture just looks weird because of the angle the picture was taken. In real life, his nose and jaw are not that big in proportion to the rest of his face. . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ahh, the joys of having a boy! Some things I can wait for (bones breaking, shins splitting, stitches, etc), but I especially love the last part of this post..the "disclaimer" about the size of his nose, jaw, etc. Classic.

Photography By Jo said...

Ah... the things I'm not looking forward too with boys. There is a lot I am looking forward to though. Don't get me wrong I just know if they are anything like Jeremy their will be lots of injuries.

Micheline said...

Got to love their action level - go, go and go some more! Good thing Stuart is tough!