Monday, September 22, 2008

Jordan is Home!

Jordan is home from his mission! It is great to have him here and to see and talk to him anytime I want! He finished his mission in the Peru Lima East Mission on Sept. 16. Alpine and I decided to fly to Peru to pick him up and to take him to Machu Picchu. Alpine and I arrived in Lima, Peru on Friday night, Sept. 12. We spent a few days exploring Lima. On Tuesday night, Sept. 16, we saw Jordan for the first time in 2 years as he came out of the temple. It was wonderful! The next day we flew to Cusco and explored a few places in the Sacred Valley on our way to Machu Picchu. And let me say that photos of Machu Picchu do not do it justice. It was truly breathtaking! We also saw a few places around Cusco. On Friday, Sept. 19 we flew back to Lima and then caught a late flight to the USA and arrived home at 4:20 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 20. Here are a few of many pictures from our trip and a few comments about each picture.

On Sunday we had dinner with Jordan's mission president and his family. Here is Alpine and I with Pres. & Sis. Leyva and 2 of their children, Juan and Brenda.

This picture was taken not long after we picked up Jordan. We took his friend, Elder Phillips, to Chili's for dinner with us and then went to this home to get Jordan's luggage and to drop off Elder Phillips. Can you tell I am happy?

Alpine, Jordan and I at Machu Picchu.

Jordan and Alpine in Machu Picchu.

At a site in Cusco called Sacsayhuaman. Look at the size of the rocks and the "paw print".

With some Peruvian women in native dress and their llamas and lambs. The first words out of their mouths was "money?"
A picture taken by the babysitter, Janice, while the kids were waiting for Jordan at the airport.

Erica, Jordan and Erica's sign at the airport right after the reunion. Erica said she is happy to have a big brother home and she is glad not to be the oldest child at home anymore!

8 comments:

Katie said...

We are so happy for you! Looks like you all had a great time and I bet you are loving life right now! ;)

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

What a fun trip! Congrats on having Jordan back home.

Autumn said...

How exciting. Welcome home, Jordan. Looks like it was a fun trip. I love the signs!

Matt & Chalyn Reed said...

wow that is great that he is home. is he planning on coming back to BYU?

Sydna Graf said...

Lisa,
Congrats on having your son back home. I look forward to having a missionary son (or maybe daughter) in a few years. I'm glad you got to pick him up. It looks like you had a wonderful experience.
Sydna

Photography By Jo said...

Congrats!!! Thats so exciting!

Lisa said...

Yes, Chalyn. Jordan will be going to BYU in January!

Loren said...

Hey, hey, hey...I was thinking, just this morning!, if Jordan was back yet! That means that we've been gone from Cleveland for two years already. I love the pictures, it's so fun to see your awsome family! Tell everyone "hi" for me! And tell Jordan that he should come to Boise to visit us and Pres. and Sis. Lindstrom...they live just around the corner from my parents. :)